Tryon Fine Arts Center strives to provide a stimulating environment where creativity can flourish. We foster growing and evolving relationships between organizations engaged in or supporting the arts. We provide opportunities and facilities for the entire Carolina Foothills community in order to advance experience and participation in the arts, including music, drama, film and other cultural endeavors.
TO SERVE AS A CREATIVE DRIVING FORCE FOR PERFORMANCES, EXHIBITS, ARTS, EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS IN THE FOOTHILLS.
What we do for our community and beyond…
- Bring Grammy Award-Winning Music, Arts Education for toddlers to Teens, and World Class Art Exhibits to our rural community.
- Provide Theater Space for other arts organizations such as Tryon Little Theater and Concert Association, and for local nonprofits to hold special events.
- Conduct An Arts In Education Program offering young people the chance to take music and art classes, act in a touring troupe that visits multiple schools, take a field trip to see a professional opera company, and participate in a juried arts show. We maintain an “artist roster” for community and educator use. Summer camps for drama are in collaboration with Tryon Little Theater. Family shows bring low cost entertainment to parents and their children.
- Award Grants to teachers for arts projects in the classroom through the Be Inspired Grant program. We award grants to other local arts organizations and individual artists through the North Carolina Arts Council’s Grassroots program and the Regional Artist Project Grants.
- Hold Free Community Events, such as free Sundays in the Peterson Amphitheater, “Do-it-yourself” Messiah, gospel sings, or the annual Martin Luther King Celebration produced by the Thermal Belt Friendship Council.